Monday, November 5, 2012

Maison & Objet | Trends in 2013

The Hemingway Pose
I know, I know. I haven't been in the blog in a long while but I plan to make up for that the next few weeks with this series. As some of you may know I spend a lot of time examining and studying trends that I use in my work. I recently returned from Maison & Objet with a report that was over 100 pages in length! Over the next days and weeks (if that's what it takes) I will reveal a trend or two per day with background and analysis. My hope is that you will be inspired and use the information in your work. If you are more the admirer of art type (you would have to be if your reading this blog!) I think you will find the information interesting and fascinating none the less.

It is in the Cafe Panis nestled on a corner between the Shakespeare & Co. bookstore and the Notre Dame that I took this self effacing photo. (Yes, that's a joke. The self effacing part anyway) :) Paris is so inspiring and I'm so privileged to be able to travel there each year to study trends. To not share the information with my friends would be unforgivable. Besides, keeping a trends to yourself is the fastest way to destroy it. It needs to be known to grow and thrive! So, without further ado . . . the trends!

No comments:

Post a Comment